Tuesday 10 October 2017

Beam me up Scotty

A few days ago, I was walking Sassy on the beach and came across a big wood beam sitting in the sand. I’m always picking up pieces of wood from the beach for as-yet-undefined craft projects, but this baby was way too big for me to handle by myself. Plus it was in the center of the beach, so a long walk back to either end with it. Luckily, the beam washed up right in front of a rental cottage. So after asking for and getting permission to use the cottage driveway and beach access, I convinced Brian to help me round up the beam. Which, as it turns out, weighs about 1,639 pounds. But we managed to get it off the beach and into the car and up to the lot.

beam 1


So now I have an 11 foot long wood beam to use somewhere in our house. Where, I have no idea. But I’ll figure something out :-) Maybe we’ll use it for something like this around the front entry…


beams entry 2

Source


What would you do with a big old beam from the beach?


KB sig

2 comments:

  1. Oh that would look lovely. A mantle piece? Or bench?

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. We'll have a wood stove, so no mantel. But yeah, maybe a bench :-)

      Delete