Saturday 3 September 2016

The Living Beach – September 1, 2016

There is nothing more beautiful than the way the ocean refuses to stop kissing the shoreline
no matter how many times it is sent away.

Last month, I started documenting how the beach changes over the course of a year. The waves have continued to bring more sand onto the beach. and now the three bog rocks that I could see when I looked left from my vantage point are completely buried below the sand. And these are fairly big rocks – probably about 4 feet tall in the winter. Here are a couple of them…


Rock


rock 2

 

And looking down the beach now, they’ve completely disappeared!


hell point


straight ahead


gaff point


Comparison to how the beach looked a month ago. As you can see, there’s a lot let rock and a lot more sand!


August September


I wonder if the big rocks will start to make an appearance in October….


kb logo 1a

No comments:

Post a Comment