Friday 28 August 2015

Beach home inspiration

I’m always looking for inspiration for the house that we’re going to build. As soon as I saw this house on Australia’s Gold Coast designed by Bayden Goddard of BGD Architects, it was love at first sight! There are lots of things about this house that I love – I bet you will too!

The first thing that caught my eye is the vaulted ceiling with the beams and bead board. Love this look, although I’m thinking of painting our ceiling a light blue.

ceiling


I love the use of soft colours and texture to create a pretty, relaxed, beachy look.

chair fabric


The raw woods bring to mind driftwood, and of course the pretty blues bring to mind the sky and water. Although I’m not usually a fan of white walls, they do provide the perfect backdrop that allows all the elements in this home really shine.


decor 3 


decor

This dining table is fantastic, and the chairs with the low backs are perfect. They don’t overwhelm the space or interrupt sight lines.

dining table


To see more pictures and read about this beautiful home, head over to Queensland Homes.

Happy Weekend!

kb logo 1a

1 comment:

  1. ooooooh so pretty! Love the light blues. Naturally...

    ReplyDelete