Friday 1 June 2018

I need a 500 foot hose

Does anyone make such a thing? Because I have plants that need to be watered that are a looonnngggg way from the outdoor faucet! We haven’t had rain for a while and there’s no rain in the forecast, so I had to somehow water the haskap bushes and spruce trees and cuttings from a friend that are planted way up near the other end of the driveway.



driveway


I can’t bring the plants to the water, so I had to somehow bring the water to the plants… Ah! Got it! A garbage can and a smart car, and now I have my very own Watermobile!



filling bucket


Do you watch Canada’s Worst Driver and laugh when they do the water challenge? Yeah, me too – but now I know that it’s not so easy to drive a car with a big bucket of water and not have it slosh everywhere! But I did make it to the other end of the driveway without getting wet :-)



top of driveway


Then I used that square container you can kind of see to bring the water from the garbage can to the plants. Not ideal, but a girl’s gotta do what a girl’s gotta do!

These are a couple of the haskap bushes. They have green berries on them, but not sure if they’ll continue to ripen after being transplanted from the haskap farm to our lot. If you’ve never heard of haskaps, check out this link. They’re super-delicious and really good for you. If you want to try some haskap products, check out Haskapa.



haskap bush 1



haskapbush2



haskap berries


So until I find a 500 foot hose, this is how I’ll be watering my plants :-)


KB sig

1 comment: