Friday 9 February 2018

Purple People Eater

A few days ago, I was standing in the kitchen looking at potential colours for the cabinets, and it occurred to me that there’s something missing in our house. It’s got navy & white shiplap, which I love. It’s got turquoise tiles in the bathroom, which I love. It’s got a bright green front door, which I love. But you know what it doesn’t have? Purple, which I love! And then it hit me while I was contemplating some navy blues for the kitchen island – why not paint the island purple?! I mean, who has purple kitchen cabinets? Well, OK, these people do…










But most people don't - am I right?

The first time I ever saw purple kitchen cabinets was five years ago on The Block: All Stars. Mark & Duncan designed this kitchen with glossy aubergine cabinets. I loved it then and I still love it now.


mark duncan



Mark__Duncan_Kitchen_5[4]


Mark__Duncan_Kitchen_1[6]


Such great purple inspiration! Now I need to find just the right purple. Not too dark, not too light, not to muted, not too bright…. I mean, I don’t want Barney sitting there in the middle of the kitchen ;-) I’m leaning towards Benjamin Moore Peerage (on the left) or Shadow (on the right)…


BM peerage                BM shadow


Then I  need to decide what colour the perimeter cabinets will be. Maybe white or light grey. Although part of me wants to paint the wall of cabinets Sherwin Williams colour of the year, Oceanside…


SW oceanside


The kitchen palette could look a little something like this…


granite marble paint colours

It’s kinda crazy and out there, but hey, you only live once!


KB sig






No comments:

Post a Comment