Monday 11 December 2017

Feelin’ the navy & white vibe

It may be cliché, especially in a coastal house, but I love the combination of navy blue and white. Fresh white and rich navy blue together looks so crisp and classic.



navy white living room

Source


Bold and Beautiful Bedroom: Wardley king size bed in Chalked Oak and Holkham Sand headboard €2,900 (£2,095); Arthur stool in Angus with dark oak legs €580 (£420); Tolsey rug in Navy €485 (£350); Edinburgh side table €345 (£250); Burlington small lamp with Lucile shade in Warm White €165 (£117); Cley throw in Navy Stripe €195 (£140); Grace scatter cushion in Agatha Navy€49 (£35), Sophie bed linen in Peat; Long Island medium sofa in Pale Oat €2,470 (£1,780); Beatrice scatter cushions in Brancaster Navy €49 (£35); Low water prints III and VI; paintwork in Navy. www.neptune.com

Source


it all started with paint

Source


I keep wavering between different ideas for how to paint the main living space in our house. First I wanted shiplap, then I didn’t, and then I did again. And now we have 91 planks of the stuff, so there’s no turning back! I was going to paint it all white, but I had some Benjamin Moore Van Deusen Blue left over from painting the guest bathroom in our rental house and thought I’d try painting a few planks to see how they’d look.



Image result for benjamin moore van deusen blue

And I loved them! So I painted a few more…


blue shiplap



I think shiplap painted a dark colour gives it a more modern look.


dark shiplap 1


Source


dark shiplap 2

Source


dark shiplap 3

Source


And seeing as the style of our house seems to be evolving into sort of modern industrial casual coastal, I think the navy blue shiplap fits right in.


blue shiplap 2

blue shiplap 1


And one of the best things about putting up the navy shiplap is that we finally have some colour in the house now – well, besides the lovely pink insulation :-)


KB sig



1 comment:

  1. All in all, IMHO you are making great head way and I do love the navy blue ship lap. Looking forward towards its completion as I am sure it is going to beautiful! Extending a big applause to both you and Brian. -Brenda-

    ReplyDelete