Sunday 13 August 2017

The kitchen in my head

Don’t you love it when you’re not looking for something but you find it anyway? A couple of weeks ago, I came across a kitchen designed by Kimberley Harrison Interiors that almost made me squeal – I finally found the kitchen that was in my head.


harrison-los-arabis-17-05-01


I love the dark blue island with the light countertop contrasting with the light grey perimeter cabinetry and dark countertop. I love the light hardwood flooring. I’m not totally in love with the wood legs on the island, but I do love the wood combined with the dark blue and light grey.

The simple Shaker style doors and drawers are just what I want in our kitchen.

harrison-los-arabis-17-05-02

Love this shimmery wallpaper too, but don’t think we’ll be putting wallpaper in our house – I’m sure the moist ocean air would have it peeling off in no time!



harrison-los-arabis-17-05-04


And then I stumbled across this kitchen by Martha O’Hara Interiors with a wall of cabinetry that’s similar to the one that we’ll have. Not so sure about the green, but otherwise it’s what I see in my head but have trouble visualizing in real life.


martha ohare 1


Our wall of cabinets won’t have a counter area, but it’ll be two different depths to allow for a full-size fridge instead of counter-depth. We’ll also have an upright freezer on this wall, as well as a sink in the island and a slide-in range.


martha ohare 3


I really, really, really love the look of light cabinets with a dark blue island. And I’m surprising myself by thinking about using brushed brass hardware on the cabinets. I guess I really am a child of the ‘80s :-)



CourtneyWalker_0004

Source


blue white brass

Source


Is it just me, or do you have trouble visualizing how a room will look without a picture?


KB sig

1 comment:

  1. I love the kitchen in the top photo. I have that type of cabinets too. I'm loving our new house so much. Much smaller yet a far better plan and more efficient for living in. In the last house we were in by the sea, I had put mother of pearl in the backsplash -- two of my friends who have been to the 'new' house have said they'd love to see that backsplash in my new kitchen (not that what we have isn't nice -- it's white marble).

    ReplyDelete