Tuesday 5 July 2016

All work and some play

Not every day is a work day around here – there’s also time for having fun and exploring too :-) These are some of the things I’ve been up to over the last few months…

Sometimes when Brian is doing work on the garage that I can’t help with – generally anything happening more than 10 feet above the ground – I wander off to explore the cliffs around our lot.



splash 2


cliffs looking up


I love hanging out with my buddies Sara & Sybil :-) They’re always up for exploring, and we always have a great time. These are some pics from our adventures over the last few months, starting with a live sand dollar that we found on Sand Dollar Beach. Did you know that sand dollars burrow their butt end into the sand? I didn’t even know they have butts!


IMG_8566


We went exploring in Blue Rocks and Stonehurst in April.


blue rocks 4


funny house 2


stone outhouse 1


stone 3 houses


And exploring Bachmann’s Beach on Second Peninsula in May.


wharf 3


trees 3


Sybil often brings her dogs Wendy and Sooki. They’re awesome girls :-)


wendy and sooki


On May 6th, the tall ship Picton Castle left Lunenburg on a voyage to France. I was up early enough to see her head out to sea, but Mother Nature had other plans. The fog that morning was insane, so I couldn’t see much. This is the best I could do, with a lot of tweaking in Picmonkey.

in the mist pm2a


June 3rd was Lobster Day. A bunch of us got together at my friend Barbara’s house and we cooked & cleaned & canned 225 pounds of lobster in 3 hours!


lobster collage


And of course we go to the beach every day to walk the dogs :-)


IMG_1550


Getting artsy on the beach…

moss balls 2

There’s something to do every day here! I pretty much don’t stop till the sun goes down and the moon comes out…


IMG_1188

DSC_0245


Hope you’re out there enjoying this awesome summer weather and having some fun adventures :-)

kb logo 1a

2 comments:

  1. Absolutely lovely! Is it humid there? I know New Brunswick could give SW Ontario a run for its money but how's NS? I'm beginning to investigate potential retirement areas :)

    ReplyDelete
  2. I just meant to comment but think I may have replied to the email with your post instead. Sorry if you get my comments twice. I love the ocean and am living vicariously through your photos. Also, my father is a fisherman and this is the first I've ever heard of canned lobster. Isn't that strange?

    ReplyDelete