Sunday 8 May 2016

From brown & old to bright & bold

dresser makeover


A couple of weeks ago, I met up with my friend Victoria who was in Lunenburg visiting Wendy from Front Porch Mercantile. Victoria and her brother own The FAT Paint Company and Wendy sells FAT Paint in her shop and is also the FAT Paint distributor for the Maritimes. So after spending time with these two paint ladies, I felt a need to do some FAT painting :-)

I picked up this dresser at a garage sale last summer with the plan to paint it. Which I kept putting off doing. Until a couple of days ago when I finally goy my butt in gear and got ‘er done.

dresser before


If you know me, you know that my favourite colours are purple, turquoise, and green. I was going to paint the dresser turquoise, but then I decided I needed to move out of my comfort zone. And boy, did I ever! I picked up a few cans of paint from the new Amanda Forrest collection…


FAT paint


And then cracked open a can…. Orangeapalooza anyone? :-D


orange

I gotta be honest, there were some moments when I wondered what I was thinking – this is no shrinking violet colour! I broke up the orange a bit by painting the drawer fronts Blushing Bombshell.

I gotta be honest again –  I was too lazy to fill the holes in the drawer fronts and I couldn’t find any pulls I liked that fit the 3” spacing. So I picked up a can of Krylon spray paint and just painted the existing pulls and knobs gold.


knobs     pull


A coat of wax and some buffing, and voila, my new Orangepalooza & Blushing Bombshell dresser…


front view


side view


top drawer


And there you go – from brown & old to bright & bold!


kb logo 1a

 

Linking to…

Between Naps on the Porch Metamorphosis Monday

3 comments:

  1. Looks fab in that space!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks Anne :-) The dresser is in the guest bedroom, which has a colourful vibe going on :-)

      Delete
  2. I love bold furniture - if only I had a neutral wall to showcase them against. Absolutely stunning!
    Found you through BNOTP.

    ReplyDelete